Make a Reservation
5-10 PM Sun-Thurs 5-11 PM Fri-Sat
Vesta, Steuben’s & ACE Sustainability Program
Sustainability and greening efforts are very important to us. Between our programs at Vesta Dipping Grill, Steuben’s and ACE, we are very proud to be involved in many environmentally conscious programs and to use many approaches and techniques in our daily operations ranging from large scale efforts to the tiniest details of how we operate. The following summary is a brief description of some of our current efforts.
- For trash removal and recycling, we currently employ Alpine Waste Management. Alpine has adapted its recycling programs over the years to be very user friendly for businesses like ours, enabling us to now recycle considerably more of our waste than goes to the landfills.
- Vesta also has a composting program through Waste Farmers. Recently, Waste Farmers was bought out by Alpine Waste Management, allowing them to run their composting program more efficiently and decreasing the shipping distance of our compostable materials.
- Our fryer oil picked up regularly by RecycOil, out of Boulder Colorado. RecycOil takes our waste oil and re-purposes it into bio-diesel.
- Paper towels, compost bags and even our foaming hand sanitizer come from Green Sol, the safest and most effective cleaning service on the market.
- A large part of our company culture is supporting personal well being and fitness along with being green. A large portion of our staff bikes to work. We provide employee bike racks at all of our locations as well as ample space for guests' bikes. We put the B-Cycle station behind Vesta to good use, and are in the process of working with the city to install a B-Cycle station in front of Steuben’s.
- All of our locations use CFL lighting wherever possible.
- All of our to-go packaging at all three locations are recyclable or compostable.
- In 2011 we installed a Solar Awning over the patio at Steuben’s. The energy generated from the awning, as well as the panels on top of the building help to offset some of our traditional energy use.
We also bring our greening efforts into the kitchen, through the choices our chefs make in menu planning for the restaurants as well as special events. Some of the highlights include:
- EatDenver’s Harvest Week is a signature event for our company. Not only do we strive to support our local restaurant community as much as possible, but also the local, green spirit of the Harvest Week events.
- Our chefs use Hudson Valley Foie Gras in all recipes calling for the product. While it is not local, it is sustainable and humane.
- While it is very difficult for most local farmers and ranchers to keep up with our volume at all three locations, we do try to use local product as much as possible in specials, for events, and small menu items.
- Our produce suppliers, Growers Organic and Fresh Point, will always send local produce whenever possible.
- The majority of the meat used at Vesta is local, from Tonali's Meats. Any meat we order from Shamrock for all locations comes from sustainable farms and ranches, such as Niman Ranch and Heritage Farms.
- Locally made products have always been important to us. Local producers we support include; Ice Cream Alchemy, Sweet Action Ice Cream, Pablo's Coffee, Daz Bog, Nita Crisp, Fruition Farms, MouCo, a regular assortment of local beers and spirits, and many more.
- Our seafood supplier, Seattle Fish Company does not sell un-sustainable fish and always keeps our chefs informed of seasonal fish buys.
- Philanthropy has always been a large part of our company culture. Part of that commitment to supporting our community is reaching out to organizations that focus on our environment. One we are especially proud of being involved with the Denver Public School gardening programs.
We take great pride in our involvement in the local community and our greening efforts. We make a concerted effort to tour our vendor facilities to see their commitments to the environment, direct a large portion of our charity work towards local and green organizations, and are constantly trying to stay on top of the latest in environmentally friendly products and practices.